28529 - Geospatial Analysis - South East
Role & Responsibilities
- To be a subject matter expert on satellite surveillance and data capture, providing technical support to internal stakeholders on remote sensing and earth observation.
- To manage and coordinate remote sensing campaigns. Specifying and assuring multiple outsourced production processes including image acquisition, image processing, classification, machine learning, ground truthing, photo-interpretation. Troubleshooting processing errors and overseeing quality assurance all across the production process.
- To contribute to remote sensing system developments of both enterprise and non-enterprise applications and data products; recommending and executing modifications to applications and processes in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- To undertake data processing and interrogation of a large databases to create MI and detailed analysis of geo-intelligence to support business decision making and to identify data quality issues.
- Oversee and assure the development and maintenance of remote sensing capture manuals, service level agreements, technical specification documentation and desk instructions.
- Participate in innovation and R&D with other Defra network agencies, support projects and develop workflows that use geomatics and remote sensing technologies.
- Manage, mentor and develop junior staff.
Full job description available by request.
How to Apply
Click the apply button on the right to apply now.
If you would like more information please call me on 01489 232 080
Must have SC / DV Clearance