28566 - Project Manager, South West
Role & Responsibilities
The Associate Project Manager supports the Project Manager (PM), managing and coordinating the project and data throughout the project life cycle. They may also be, at the direction of the PM:
- accountable for leading some Work Packages within a project;
- responsible for managing some activities within a project;
- required to deputise for the PM;
- responsible for managing smaller value, low complex projects. They may also be required to undertake some Team and Group level coordination activities. The projects that the candidate will be supporting will mainly form part of the Future Sensing Situational Awareness and Above Water Systems Programmes, though the candidate may be required to support projects in other Programmes.
- Maintaining the project documentation and information to provide control and ensure availability of records in accordance with the Management System and using the relevant corporate Management Information systems.
- As the first point of contact, responding to internal requests relating to the project documentation, providing and/or coordinating information for corporate requirements.
- Maintaining awareness of corporate project management procedures, identifying necessary changes required in the control of projects where appropriate.
- Coordinating the planning and scheduling of project management requirements and reviews, liaising with all relevant project team members and customers.
- Monitoring and updating financial data, bringing forward issues for review, and proposing options/mitigation, to enable accurate forecasting and financial control through accurate reporting.
- Supporting the planning, preparing and reviewing of project documentation, bringing forward issues arising for resolution and capturing lessons learned.
- Networking and engaging with other project teams, sharing good practice and lessons learned. Engaging with Business Managers and Functions (finance/commercial etc.) as required, meeting Division and Programme aims.
- Leading on the delivery of discrete work packages, or other activities within the project at the direction of the PM.
- Where required by the PM, acting as their deputy for all or some aspects of the project.
Full job description available by request.
How to Apply
Click the apply button on the right to apply now.
If you would like more information please call me on 01489 232 080
Must have SC / DV Clearance