- A largely UK based role with some overseas travel to Saudi. Working on Phase 2 of a Disaster Recovery project.
You will be responsible for providing effective support of bespoke IT systems, dealing with all relevant issues under minimal guidance. The role involves the integration, VV&T and delivery of new systems prior to entering formal support.
You will be competent in supporting a mixture of technologies, typically including hardware, software, and networking. Technical authoring of support documentation and processes is a key part of the role. You will provide support in the formulation of network, technology, systems and information strategy and evolution plans, and operational support policies and procedures.
Some of the key technical skills needed for role:
- Proven experience of working in technical operational environments
- LINUX developer (Preferably RHEL)
- HADOOP developer
- Expert level in SQL Language
- Elastic developer
- Puppet developer
- Expert in Software development life cycle (Agile SDLC)
- Kafka, HIVE, Spark, Impala, Hue, Java, Scala and Oozie developer
- Hadoop ecosystem and Cloudera distributions
- Experience of configuring and supporting Microsoft products (AD, MIM, MSSQL)
- Experience of web development tools
- Fault finding of application and Operating interdependencies
- Practical working knowledge of Cyber security enforcing devices, such as Firewalls, Proxies and Encryption
- Expert in Python scripting
- Bash Scripting.
- Expert in Ansible
Strong Vagrant/Docker/DevOPs style working knowledge