A largely UK based role with some overseas travel to Saudi. Working on Phase 2 of a Disaster Recovery project.
You will be responsible for providing effective support of bespoke IT systems, dealing with all relevant issues under minimal guidance. The role involves the integration, VV&T and delivery of new systems prior to entering formal support.
You will be competent in supporting a mixture of technologies, typically including hardware, software, and networking. Technical authoring of support documentation and processes is a key part of the role. You will provide support in the formulation of network, technology, systems and information strategy and evolution plans, and operational support policies and procedures.
Some of the key technical skills needed for role:
- Systems architecture for large scale information processing systems
LINUX SysAdmin with experience administering distributed platforms (Preferably RHEL)
- HADOOP administration and optimisation
- Expert level in SQL Language
- Elastic administration and optimisation
- Satellite administration and optimisation
- Atlassian suite administration and optimisation
- Experience with server hardening and patching
- Cyber threat intel and asset enrichment experience
- Knowledge of Cyber kill chain and network based detection techniques
- Experience of Platform monitoring tools and implementation strategies
- Software architecture for security and high-speed processing applications
- Fault finding of application and Operating System interdependencies
- Practical working knowledge of Cyber security enforcing devices, such as Firewalls, Proxies and Encryption
- Practical experience of the ITIL principles
- Shell scripting
- Bash Scripting.
- Expert in Ansible
Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Openstack and similar technologies would be an advantage.