Job Title: Managing Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Competitive salary + package
Start date: ASAP
I am working with a main contractor in the Surrey area who are looking for an experienced Managing Quantity Surveyor to join an existing team of passionate and dedicated employees. Depending on size of schemes, the MQS will manage 3 to 6 schemes, each ranging in value from £500k to £60m.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the commercial management of a large project or a number of multiple projects, ensuring that all commercial processes and procedures are followed.
- Ensure works are valued, including any variation thereto, in accordance with the contract and analyses to determine the project True Value.
- Ensure costs are managed and ensuring subcontract accruals and liabilities are properly assessed to determine True Cost. Works in collaboration with the site team to maximise value and minimise cost.
- Ensure the project procurement schedule is maintained.
- Responsible for the procurement of subcontractors on agreed terms.
- Maintains the project risk and opportunity schedule, ensuring that risks are mitigated and opportunities realised.
- Experience of managing teams of Senior Quantity Surveyors and multiple projects, ranging in value and type of scheme
- Suitable Commercial experience in Construction projects, including cost and value reconciliations.
- Experience of identifying and managing commercial risks and opportunities
- A good understanding of current Health & Safety legislation
Rewards and benefits:
The salary is dependent on experience, plus benefits- please get in contact if you wish to know more information about this.
If you would like more information on this role and are interested, please click the apply button now!