Business Development Manager - Location: Surrey - £40,000-£60,000 salary
A brilliant opportunity has arisen in the Surrey area for a Business Development Manager to join an ambitious and growing regional building maintenance and refurbishment business with an expanding portfolio of contracts.
The Business Development Manager will play a key role in enabling the continued growth of the company. Your role will be helping to identify, develop and win new opportunities across all of the company's divisions - one delivering long-term cyclical contracts the other delivering building maintenance and refurbishment projects. The role will enjoy a significant degree of autonomy whilst benefitting from the support of the Board of Directors.
What You Will Need to Succeed
- HND/Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Identify and actively build relationships with clients and professional advisors/consultants who are in target areas/markets to identify new opportunities for the company
- Support the retention of existing clients by working to understand their forward plans, key issues and objectives
- Oversee the design and management of marketing campaigns
- Develop a forward pipeline of opportunities - keeping the company's CRM system up-to-date
- Raise the profile of the company by planning and implementing an events programme - including attendance at industry, client and professional event
- Maintenance Generation of monthly pipeline reports for Board of Directors
In depth understanding of the construction, property and housing sectors
Good general knowledge of construction and maintenance contracting and the role of the main players (clients, consultants, principal contractors)
Experience of leading tendering and bid processes with public sector, education or housing association customers.
Track record of identifying and winning new business opportunities within a similar environment
A flexible and positive attitude
A willingness to 'get stuck in' and do what it takes to help grow the business
Good IT skills -- both MS Offices packages and CRM systems
A self-starter - comfortable working independently with limited supervision
- Candidate Information
You will receive a salary circa of £40,000 - £60,000 (depending on experience) plus a car allowance.
If you are interested in this position please contact me as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.