Quantity Surveyor - Location: Epsom - Salary: £40,000
Interested in working for one of UK's leading property services companies, that is just as passionate about their employees as they are their clients. With a turnover of just under £100m and 14 offices across the UK, we have been growing consistently over the last 70 years.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor who thrives on having that balance of, putting the customer first, and profit, to be based in the established Epsom office within the Painting products.
We are looking for a Quantity Surveyor who matches that ambition to secure work and build long lasting relationships.
- Responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit and ROCE budgets.
- Prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
- Manage the contract accounting, ensure prompt payment, and control cost information.
- You will also develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Procuring & Managing subcontractors in line with BMS and contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations
- Proven experience in a similar estimating and surveying role
- Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
- The accountability to manage your contracts successfully
- The passion for business, to meet the budget and keep yourself and the team motivated so you WILL get that 25% performance reward bonus
What is In It for You
Competitive salary + bonus up to 25% of salary plus Competitive Company Car Scheme with fuel allowance, pension scheme and 23 days holiday (rising to 25).
If you are interested in this position, please contact me as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.