Chartered Civil Engineer (CRE)
We have successfully delivered many high-profile projects including the award-winning A556 Improvement scheme, the Dalmuir Waste water Treatment Works in Scotland and the £ 400M Shatin-Central Link Cross-Harbour Tunnels in Hong Kong.
Our Business is spread across 12 offices in England and Wales. Our people work in a collaborative way across the country thus offering a broad range of opportunities and creating the optimal conditions for amazing career progressions for all staff.
We are currently working in collaboration with the Environment Agency to deliver 2 of the largest PDUs, South East and Midlands. Our pipeline of opportunities includes some of the most exciting major infrastructure projects in Europe, including HS2 Phase 2 and the Oosterwelt Link Immersed Tube Tunnel in Belgium.
- Engaging with and developing good working relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including Network Rail / local authorities / Tier 1 contractors clients and other disciplines
- Manage delivery teams
- Act as Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) - Design
- Help to develop the production of drawings, reports and specifications
- Scope and supervise surveys
- Input to and preparation of bids and proposals
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of working in the UK rail industry with knowledge of Network Rail standards and approval processes.
- Acted as CRE (Design) for Rail Engineering projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences using different mediums.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team comprising planners, designers, engineers and technicians, providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team.
- Manage own and others time, ensuring deliverables to agreed deadlines and within budget.
- Proven ability to write accurate, clear, high quality reports.
- Ability to respond to Project Manager and Client requests and meet challenging deadlines.
- Engineering degree in a relevant discipline.
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers or equivalent, or close to Chartership.
- Experience in delivering and managing all stages of multi-disciplinary engineering projects from initial studies through to detailed design.
- Typically, around 3-5 years' experience working in the rail sector.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Management and consulting skills and knowledge are desirable.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
- Commercial awareness and an interest in the financial success of projects as well as engineering.
- Experience of Railway station developments desirable.