Customer Service Coordinator
Construction - House Building Divison
£19,000 - £22,000
Reporting to our Customer Service Manager, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Customer Service Coordinator who will play an important part in seeing us achieve our desire to continually improve our service to customers.
We strive to provide a great level of service to our customers as we demonstrate and move them in to their new home. Once moved in, we then act as the customer’s first point of contact for any concerns they may have through the first two years of the new home warranty which we provide with every new home.
What we are looking for
Someone with excellent communication and organisational skills to handle incoming telephone/letter/email enquiries and service requests. Logging/monitoring work and updating/issuing reports. The role will involve close liaison with our site offices/maintenance technicians and contractors, coordinating agreed works to ensure an efficient and professional service is maintained at all times. Construction/House Building experience although desirable is not a requirement, however, Customer Service experience will be essential.
This role will be based in our Peterborough offices. This role will be full-time Monday - Friday.
- You will be allocated responsibility of ensuring that our customers receive a first class level of service on a set number of our new home developments.
- This will entail dealing with any concerns they may have upon moving in and 14 day call back stage and throughout the contractual warranty period.
- You will need to address customer complaints and concerns with empathy and professionalism. You will need to be clear in your communication on what actions we will be taking to resolve any issues that arise and provide appropriate follow up to ensure customers are aware of works taking place.
- You will need to arrange for some issues to be inspected and then to place orders with various sub-contract tradesmen to correct issues as part of your day to day role. You will be responsible to ensure these appointments are kept and are closed off our system once completed.
- You will need to be able to handle a large portfolio of customers and be able to prioritise if there is an urgent issue arising within the home.
- You will need to liaise with our internal departments, site management, technical, commercial and sales teams to gain information to provide great customer service.
- We ask our customers for their views on the quality of our service after moving in and this feedback will help us to measure your success.
- The role will involve telephone contact, email and letter writing as part of your day to day tasks.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience in a customer service role in an office environment is essential. Working in a team is essential.
- They key to success in this role is the ability to be highly organised so that you keep any promises to get back to customers within promised time-frames.
- A positive outlook and a personable nature will be vital to the role as communicating effectively with customers, sub-contractors and internal colleagues will give you the best chance of delivering against your key performance indicators.
- Knowledge of the new homes industry / construction and relevant experience in a customer service environment is desirable.
Technical / Professional Expertise and Qualifications:
- Clear understanding of the importance of excellent customer service
- First class telephone manner
- IT literate
- Strong written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail in order to produce accurate customer reports
- Works well under pressure
- Good team player
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting housing developments, in a fast paced environment where each day brings new challenges.
Our benefits package includes
- Competitive salary
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement with the opportunity to purchase additional days
- Private Healthcare
- 'Rewards' Scheme - Voluntary benefits scheme
For more information please contact Kieran Duggan at England Associates on 01489 865211 or apply now to submit your CV