Quantity Surveyor - Location: Salisbury - £40,000
This is the ideal role for a Quantity Surveyor with proven experience of working in the Refurbishment or Capital works sectors and is looking to join a leading company that provides a safe, secure and friendly working environment for all its employees.
As a Surveyor, you will be responsible for the financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit and ROCE budgets. You will also prepare tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensure all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance. Additionally, you will manage the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information. You will also develop and maintain relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
Your other duties will include:
- Procuring & Managing subcontractors in line with contract budgets
- Ensuring productivity targets are agreed and issued before contract start
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Experience in the commercial management of response contracts, minor works and or planned projects
- Experience of working with social housing and local authority clients desirable
- Experience of working on schedule of rates type contracts and the ability to price minor works from first principles
- A successful track record of converting tenders
- A working knowledge of standard forms of contract
- The ability to plan and supervise the delivery of contracts
- The ability to build successful working relationships with customers and colleagues
- Computer literacy
As a Surveyor, you must be a customer focused team player with strong judgement and decision making abilities. You must also be commercially savvy and be adept at thinking logically and analytically. Exceptional interpersonal and communication attributes are also key.
We like to challenge our employees, but we make sure you are rewarded- and we don't just assume that has to be monetary- we care about your development and we are committed to your career. We have a refreshing lack of hierarchy, which in return instil plenty of team spirit, support and the opportunity to learn.
Benefits on offer:
Competitive salary + bonus up to 25% of salary plus Competitive Company Car Scheme with fuel allowance, pension scheme and 23 days holiday (rising to 25).